What is panic disorder will be explained. This is post # 5 of 25 Panic Situation Solutions.
There many ways to explain what is panic disorder. This is why I like to outline Panic Situation Solutions. Each circumstance is different.
PLEASE SEEK SUPPORT! I am here and can be contacted at the bottom of the page.
Other posts on what is panic disorder are posted as well please click on the blue word panic by filed under at the end of the page.
My book Picture Your Life is about contentment. Panic is ingrained in many things please take a look at my book and see how peace that is lasting can be found. The Panic Situation Solution we are going to look at is taking on a new task at work.
Your boss is a jerk and keeps expecting too much of everybody. He comes into your cubical and gives you the new file that everyone was dreading to get! This seems like cruel and unusual punishment for no reason.
You feel trapped but keep reading the post you will be free!
Your hands start to sweat and shake after he leaves. Your heart is racing and you think you are having a heart attack. You feel sick to your stomach and your head is spinning.
You asked what is panic disorder… THIS IS IT!
The question is what you do…
Here are 5 simple steps
- Tell yourself this is panic
- Breathe 10 deep breaths in for the count of 5 and out or the count of 10. Do this 10 times.
- Know that you are safe. Tell yourself that the NOW is safe.
- After you calm down do a CBT thought record. (See my other panic posts on this). Explore if what you are thinking is 100% true.
- If it is do an action plan… what can you do about it, if you feel you can do nothing you need to learn to accept the thought and live with it.
Panic is not simple. But we can overcome it!